Eligible registered voters in the West Grand Bahama and Bimini constituency may apply to vote in the Advanced Poll for the West Grand Bahama and Bimini Bye- Election, as an Overseas or Special Voter as defined below:
Overseas Voters S. 49A (Form J) are:
- A student or the spouse accompanying such student, pursuing a bona fide program of study outside The Bahamas;
- A member of staff of any embassy, high commission or other foreign mission of The Bahamas who is posted overseas, or the spouse or any immediate member of the family living within the household of that member of staff;
- A member of staff of the Ministry of Tourism, The Bahamas Maritime Authority, or other agency of the Government of The Bahamas, or the spouse or any immediate member of the family living within the household of that member of staff; or
- A public officer or a member of staff of any delegation who is on official duty overseas, or the spouse or any immediate member of the family living within the household of that member of staff.
Special Voters S. 49C (Form K) are:
- Nominated Candidates and their spouses;
- Election day workers, election officials or employees of the Parliamentary Registration Department;
- Any registered voter entitled to vote at an election in the Constituency and who is a person with disabilities or 65 years or older on the day appointed for the taking of the poll;
- Doctor-certified individuals with illness, infirmity, pregnancy, or recent childbirth, (documentary proof required) and unable to vote on the day appointed for the taking of the Poll; or
- Any person (not being a person who qualifies to enroll as an overseas voter under section 49A) who expects to be overseas on the day appointed for the taking of the poll, such as a confirmed traveler already scheduled to be out of the country (documentary proof required).
In-Person application sites for persons wishing to make Form J or Form K applications are located as follows:
- On New Providence,
- Parliamentary Registration Department Farrington Road Nassau
- On Grand Bahama,
- Administrator’s Office, Eight Mile Rock Grand Bahama
Form J Applications for eligible Overseas Voters may be completed and the Application submitted to their nearest Bahamas Consular, or High Commission Office for onward transmission to the Parliamentary Registration Department in Nassau. The FORM J is available at Bahamas Consular, High Commission Offices, or the Parliamentary Registration Department, the Administrator’s Office at Eight Mile Rock, or Online.
It is important to note that applications in respect of an Overseas Voter must be submitted so that it is received by the Parliamentary Registration Department within seven days of the issue of the writ of election.
Special Voters, applying by Form K, or persons wishing to apply locally may visit one of our “In Person Application sites” listed above. Form J and Form K applicants may apply online using the mygateway.gov.bs website.
Our scheduled hours of operation are Monday through Friday; from 9am to 4pm. The Application window closes on 4th November, 2023 for Overseas Voters and 13th November, 2023 for all other applicants.